Garach & Garach
GARACH & GARACH is a multi-disciplinary firm of Financial Advisors who provide professional commercial and financial solutions to quality conscious clients in a cost effective manner.
The firm has a vision to be the professional service provider of
choice that rapidly and consistently secures superior delivery.
Click here for more details
Personal Finance news
- There is evidence that tilting portfolios towards certain factors at play in South African financial markets can harness good returns at low costs, but you need to be smart about how you choose a so-called "smart beta" investment strategy.
- True active managers have nothing to fear from the slowly rising number of passive investments available to you, the chief investment officer of one of South Africa's larger, very successful fund managers says.
- The head of the National Consumer Commission (NCC), Ebrahim Mohamed, will appoint a panel of property and consumer law experts to hold a six-month public inquiry into the holiday club and timeshare industry to address "alleged consumer challenges".
- Most people are in a state of shock after a car accident. Everyone responds to shock differently. Some people get angry, others get fearful or go into denial. Whatever the case may be, after an accident you're probably not the best version of yourself. This means you're inclined to make silly mistakes, which can have financial implications.
- Retrenchment is doubly painful if you receive a meagre payout and have to supplement your income from your retirement savings. This is how pre-retirement withdrawals are taxed.
- Sars Commissioner Tom Moyane has praised the "selfless" men and women who made SA's tax season a success.
- The South African Revenue Service is cautioning non-provisional taxpayers that they only have 3 days left to file their taxes.
- Some branches of the South African Revenue Service will be open on Saturday on November 12 and 19.